The IEEE Concordia Annual General Meeting and Elections is coming up soon! This is your chance to be part of our future by voting or running for the 2015–2016 Board of Executives and Directors, and set the tone for the year to come!
- What: IEEE Concordia Annual General Meeting, Elections for the 2015-2016 Board of Executives and Directors
- Where: B-Annex Lounge, 1st floor, 2160 Bishop St. (Same building as the lab!)
- When: 9 April 2015 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Who: All Engineering and Computer Science students at Concordia University
Remember: everyone in ENCS at Concordia can attend the meeting and vote for next year's team!
Running for a position
Want to become part of the core 2015–2016 team that organises events, runs the lab, and makes IEEE Concordia what it is?
The available positions are:
- Branch Chair: Head of the IEEE team. Supervises all operations.
- Branch Vice-Chair: Supports the Chair other Directors with their tasks.
- Branch Secretary: Responsible for taking meeting minutes, managing the lab hours schedule, processing new lab supervisors, and other clerical and administrative duties.
- Branch Treasurer: Handles the IEEE's finances such as budget and requisitions.
- Director of Academics: Organizes academic events and tutorials.
- Director of Social Activities: Organizes social events.
- Director of Marketing: Markets and advertises the Branch, its events and activities. Does graphic design for advertising materials in support of these marketing tasks.
- Director of I.T.: New Position! Administrates the website, email server and Windows-based network at the lab. Deals with IT issues, both internal and external (IITS).
- Director of Lab Services: Oversees lab activities, equipment, and policies. Manages lab supervisors.
- Director of Competition: Organizes competitions.
- Director of Projects: New Position! Organize and/or lead semester-long team projects. Robotics, wearables, music... we just want to have a project using all our lab equipment that students can join in at any time.
- Approval of previous Board meeting minutes (Board)
- Approval of the agenda (all)
- (General meeting items may be added here, as needed: TBD.)
- Vote on new Executive and/or Director positions
- Vote on on amendments to Executive and/or Director position mandates
- Elections: Candidate presentations for each position, discussion, and voting. See the Constitution.
* Changes to mandates and proposed new positions will be presented and voted on at the annual general meeting, prior to the elections. These changes are not currently reflected in these documents.