“Learn how to use the EAGLE software to design your own PCB.”
Almost all of today’s electronics are assembled on a printed circuit board (PCB): they’re cheap, they’re reliable, they’re custom-fitted to your circuit, and they look great!
In this workshop, we’ll guide you through the process of designing a Flashing Circuit PCB from start to finish.
Through this exercise, you will learn the basics of PCB design, how to use the EAGLE software to design it, and how to order a professionally manufactured PCB. These are important skills in any circuit designer’s toolbox that you won’t learn in class!
If you are interested in attending a future edition of this event, please contact us by email. We are gauging interest for another edition of this event!
We also encourage you to sign up for our newsletter (see sidebar to the right) and follow us on Facebook to find out about our upcoming events!
Want to use other software? We will be teaching EAGLE, but don’t fret! Although menu items and tools are in different places in different programmes, the concepts for PCB design software are the same!
- January 31st, 2018, 6:00–8:00 PM
- H 843
- Purchase at ECA Office (H-838), see below.
We’re offering two packages:
- $10 – Tutorial attendance only
- $15 – Tutorial attendance + a completed version of the Flashing Circuit PCB you are designing.
- No prior knowledge of Eagle or PCB design required.
- Bring your own laptop. Library laptops will not work (you need admin permissions).
- Download and install Eagle in advance. The free version is fine. Supports Windows and Mac OSX.
- Don’t forget your charger.
For more information